I am pleased to report that I have found the BEST MEATLESS BALLS! Hallelujah!
These use one of my favorite ingredients - that only came into my life in the past year or two.
Drum roll please....tempeh!
Tempeh is so flavorful and has such a delicious hearty texture on its own. It's no surprise that it turns into a satisfying ball.
This recipe is miraculous, as it is also vegan (flax egg used) and gluten free (almond meal used to bind). This mixture of sautéed onion, garlic, flax, steamed tempeh, almond meal and seasonings is simply pulsed in a food processor, formed into balls, coated in more almond flour and then fried in heart healthy olive oil.
They are delicate, and not meant to be tossed around, but oh so perfect on top of a plate of spaghetti squash (see my other posts to learn more about my obsession with this heavenly vegetable). They are light, flavorful and filling. And I promise your meat eating friends won't even bat one single eyelash!
Check out the full recipe from Kneed to Cook here!
No comments :
Post a Comment